Dry herb vaporizers have become significantly more popular in the past few years thanks to the rapid spread of marijuana legalization. As long as public opinion keeps favoring marijuana legalization, dry herb vaporizers will continue to grow in popularity. The best dry herb vape is the Davinci IQ.
This continually updated list will serve as a great reference to let you know which dry herb vapes are the latest and greatest. As long as you buy one of the vapes on this list, you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting the best possible weed vaping experience imaginable.
#1. Davinci IQ
Who it’s for: The Davinci IQ is for you if you want a vape that is as smart as you are. If you want a vape that automatically adjusts the temperature to the most optimal setting, smartphone app integration, and high-end craftsmanship then this is great for you.
Details: The Davinci IQ is the gold standard when it comes to dry herb vaporizers. Davinci has spent the past year working on creating the best possible vaping experience imaginable, and it absolutely shows in the high-quality design and state-of-the-art performance of this stunning device.
The IQ features innovative smart-path technology, letting you choose between a few different preset temperature setting or, if you so choose, you can let the IQ choose for you. That’s right, the IQ can automatically optimize the temperature based on your usage to make sure that you’re getting maximum performance out of your vaporizer.
The included bluetooth app integration unlocks even more capabilities from your high-tech Davinci IQ vaporizer. You can adjust some setting and track usage statistics, giving you the ability to optimize your vaping experience according to your unique preferences.
#2. PAX 3
Who it’s for: The PAX 3 is for the stylish vaper. If the aesthetic appearance of your vape is important, you really can’t go wrong with the PAX 3.
Details: With an ultra-sleek and modern appearance, the PAX 3 is the go-to for vapers who want a little bit of style to go along with their dry herb vaping experience.
But the PAX 3 is not an example of form over function.
The PAX 3 features some of the most elite performance specs in the modern dry herb vape market. The 3500 mAH battery is powerful enough to push out some of the biggest clouds imaginable. The rapid heat time and medical grade construction ensure that you’re getting one of the best vaping experiences that money can buy.
If you’re a hardcore techie, you’ll definitely appreciate the added Bluetooth capability.
#3. Cloudious 9 Hydrology 9
Who it’s for: The Hydrology9 is ideal for vapers who want water filtration. If you want the incredibly smooth vapor that only water filtration can provide, this is the vape for you.
Details: The Hydrology 9 is one of my favorite dry herb vaporizers for one good reason: it includes the best water filtration system out of any vape that I’ve ever tried. Now if you’re not the type of person who cares about water filtration, this might not be the vape for you. But if you’re looking for something that’s going to give you that super-smooth water-filtered vapor that’s easy on the lungs and tastes great, then the Cloudious 9 Hydrology 9 is the ultimate vaporizer. It’s by far my favorite dry herb unit on the market today.
#4. Firefly 2
Who it’s for: The Firefly 2 is great for vapers who want something that is easy to use. The user interface is incredibly simple to use, so if you’re the type of vaper who wants to keep things minimalistic, this is great for you.
Details: The Firefly 2 has become legendary in the dry-herb vaping community. It’s widely considered the go-to recommendation for vapers who want a premium, high-end device.
The team from Firefly designed this unit with an all-glass airway, giving you the smoothest vapor imaginable. It has an incredibly simple, intuitive user interface; making it as easy to use as possible for beginners. You can control the temperature with the free Android and iOS smartphone app.
An added bonus?
You can also use this with concentrates if that’s your thing. So if you’re looking to kill two birds with one stone, the Firefly 2 is perfect for you.
Vaping vs. smoking weed: which is better?
Vaping is hands down the best possible way to enjoy your weed or other dry herb material. The benefits are numerous:
- You get significantly more life out of your dry herb. Rather than quickly burning it all, you can make your herb last much longer by using a vape at a low temperature.
- Vaping is much easier on your lungs. If you’re tired of inhaling harsh, hot smoke; then you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how smooth it is to inhale vapor. Why risk the negative health effects that come with inhaling combusted material if you don’t have to?
- Vaping produces much less smell. If you’re looking to be more discreet with your weed, then vaping is the way to go. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll still smell the weed a little bit, but it’s minimal compared to the powerful aroma that comes from smoking.
What temperature should you vape weed at?
The vaporization range for weed is 285F (when weed first begins to vaporize) all the way up to 392F (when weed begins to burn).
Vaping weed at a low temperature (say from 285F-340F) will give you more flavor. It will also make your herb last much longer than high temperature vaping. The downside is that you’ll get significantly lower vapor production.
High temperature weed vaping (from 341F on up) will give you those lung-bursting clouds of vapor. The downside is that your herb won’t last as long and you won’t get as much flavor from your hits.
How to vape weed: tips and tricks
- Use a grinder. This will help you get the maximum amount of airflow when vaping your favorite dry herb. More airflow = greater vapor production.
- Start at a low temperature and work your way up. Even if you’ve vaped a higher temperature with a different vaporizer, you’ll want to start at the lowest temperature with your new vape. You don’t want to run the risk of burning your weed. Additionally, this will help your herb last much longer. Start low and get that sweet flavor, and slowly crank up the temperature to maximize the lifespan of your bud.
- Don’t overpack or underpack your chamber. This has a *huge* impact on the airflow and thus the vapor production of your device. You want to pack just enough weed so that it sits together, but not so little that you don’t get any vapor.
- Wait a few seconds between hits. Waiting up to 20 seconds between each hit gives your vaporizer enough time to actually vape the weed, and you’ll get much more satisfying hits than you would if you don’t wait long enough.
- Make sure that you have a full charge *before* packing the chamber. Nothing is more disappointing than realizing that you spent all that time grinding and packing just to see that dreaded red light. Keep your vape charged and you’ll always be ready to get high.
- Keep the chamber clean. A clean chamber and airflow path ensures that there is no blockage that will prevent you from getting that sweet vapor. If you notice that your vape is producing less vapor than normal, then it’s definitely overdue for a cleaning. Don’t be lazy.
What are the best dry herb vaporizers?
- Davinci IQ
- PAX 3
- Cloudious 9
- Firefly 2
We’ve hand-selected all of the vaporizers on this list according to a variety of factors. We compared performance, styling, customer service, price, features, and more to determine which ones are the best for the vast majority of dry herb vapers. If you choose any of the products on this list, you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting one of the best dry herb vaping devices in the world today. No matter which one you choose, you won’t be disappointed.
Which dry herb vaporizer did you buy?