Home » News » E-Cig Explodes and Ignites Fire on Flight From Las Vegas to Chicago

E-Cig Explodes and Ignites Fire on Flight From Las Vegas to Chicago

An e-cig overheated and caused a small fire on an American Airlines flight from Las Vegas to Chicago on Friday.

American Airlines spokeswoman Leslie Scott says the e-cigarette’s battery overheated shortly after Flight 168 landed Friday night. Scott says flight attendants stamped out the fire. None of the 138 passengers or six crewmembers were injured in the incident.

Samuel L. Jackson on airplane

On Flight 168 from McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas an e-cigarette that was in a passengers bag ignited shortly after landing at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, causing the small fire. The flight attendants were able to quickly extinguish the fire before the plane even taxied to the gate.

Incidents like this can be prevented. Learn more about everything you need to know before flying with an e-cigarette here.

Related Posts

About J.R. Reynoldson

J.R. Reynoldson
VaporVanity co-founder J.R. Reynoldson spends 364 days per year wishing that it was 4/20. He is easily offended by your comments. Email JR at [email protected].