Recently a buddy texted me: “You’re the dab queen. What do I get to dab and vape concentrates for $75 or less? What’s best?”
In this post we review the answer to that texted question: the EVRI 3-in-1 Vape Pen and Torchless Dab Straw from Dip Devices.
The EVRI 3-in-1 modular vape is among the most convenient options around, especially if you like to vape both cartridges and concentrates. And if you also like e-juice—there’s seriously nothing better.
One of the best value propositions from Dip Devices overall is the ability to dab portably and move away from the torch. This makes cannabis and whatever else more discrete, easy, and mainstream—right in line with what’s going on anyway.
Dabbing away from home with a torch is only for the dedicated, but with something tiny and convenient like the EVRI 3-in-1, it’s simple, and you can vape, too. Here’s how it works.
Here’s what comes in the box:
- EVRI battery that connects magnetically to attachments
- Colors: Black, Red
- Micro-USB cable for charging
- 1 510/Pod Attachment, with one side that fires 510 cartridges and one that fires refillable e-juice pods
- 1 Dab Straw Attachment that works like a nectar collector to dab right from a concentrate container
- User Guide
- You can also get a quartz crystal attachment now
EVRI 3-in-1: The Basics
The EVRI 3-in-1 is cute and snaps together easily. It has a clean design and fits well even in a small palm. The packaging design is done nicely, without that “I made this at home” feel you get from some cannabis brands.This device is really easy to use. I charged it first, which was unbelievably fast—and remains so. Just magnetically snap on whichever attachment you like, and that’s that.
Five fast clicks power the unit on. Three clicks change the temperature setting—pretty standard.
The EVRI 3-in-1 has three temperature settings: red is high, green is medium, and blue is low. You can get the vape pen experience using your 510 cartridges, or turn that same attachment around for e-juice pods. Or, swap out that attachment.
The dab straw attachment lets you dab actual concentrates from the container without a torch. Just dip the straw into the concentrate and fire away. (Like always, it will be sticky when you’re done—but it does come with a cap.)
In terms of feel and looks, the unit feels solid in hand, and fits well there. It fits easily in most pockets, and the flat end stands well on a level surface.
However, be careful! Do not put this in the same pocket with your keys, or with anything you’re worrying about shorting out. This battery can be temperamental at times; when I forget and touch it to my laptop, it locks the screen and I have to login again.
The battery is truly long-lasting. I rarely charge this thing—less than any other device I use, and I use it just as often. The micro-usb charging port is side-mounted.
If you’re like me, you are no fan of cleaning devices. The EVRI 3-in-1 dab straw is pretty easy to clean; just swab it with ISO and you’re good to go.
Or, stay lazy and use the other attachment most of the time. But you’ll need to make sure you don’t clog up that nectar collector.
The flavor and clouds are great—better than with a standard 510 battery, for sure. This is true at every temperature setting, and it was great to have temperature options for everything we wanted to consume. Even on low, you get nice, thick clouds.
The EVRI 3-in-1 Vape Pen and Torchless Dab Straw is mostly metal, and has more weight in your hand than many portable vapes. Its design is compact, but there’s definitely something to it. It’s somewhat heavier than a Zippo, but that’s in the right neighborhood in terms of feel.
The attachments swap out in a snap, literally, because they are magnetized. It’s so easy. There’s no change in performance going from one to the other. The piece never gets too hot as you use it.
As mentioned, the battery seems to last forever before you need to recharge it. It only takes around 20 minutes to reach full capacity again.
Finally, I trust Dip Devices totally. As I’ve written elsewhere, the company has been around for awhile—and when I had a question about another device, they responded to me immediately and then followed up later.
I absolutely love the magnetization of these attachments, and how easy it is to use. The battery life is also killer, and the ability to choose the temperature is also something I really enjoy, especially with concentrates.
Despite the relatively lower price tag given the varied uses for this device, the The EVRI 3-in-1 is something even more experienced cannabis connoisseurs should appreciate.
One issue, as I said above, is that you can get some weird electrical stuff going on with the battery. It’s a magnetic build, so you pop on one attachment, use it, and then pop it right off again. Be careful doing this. You don’t want to strike metal on metal too much, and I did shock myself once.
Another thing to watch for: dumping all of the pieces in your pocket with other metal stuff. Obviously, since they are magnetized, you shouldn’t do that.
The EVRI 3-in-1 Tips and Tricks
- Remember that eventually you’ll need new attachments or it’ll affect performance and flavor. If your vape or concentrate starts tasting ashy and it’s been awhile, this could be why.
- Like any other dab straw, this one can get clogged if you lower it too far down into a pool of concentrate.
- If the LED flashes, it needs charging.
The Bottom Line: The EVRI 3-in-1 Pros and Cons
Overall, I love The EVRI 3-in-1 Vape Pen and Torchless Dab Straw. Here’s why.
Pros of the EVRI 3-in-1 vaporizer:
- Super easy to use! It really is. The dabbing, even, is almost just as described above for the nectar collector attachment in practice.
- A true 3-in-1 option if you use all three, and still doesn’t take up much time or effort to make that happen. I love the convenience.
- Cost-effective. The whole thing is only $69.99, and replacing the attachments is reasonable: $9.99 for the dabber and $19.99 for the pod.
- GREAT battery life. I have still only charged this thing once, and I’ve been using it a lot.
- For the size and build, lots of vapor and flavor. It can’t compete with, say, a higher-end rig on flavor—including The Dipper!—but it’s still pretty darn good and totally mobile.
Cons of the EVRI 3-in-1 vaporizer:
- Some pods don’t fit yet. This is petty! But it’s true. That’s why they say more are coming. LOL
- I did get shocked once. I think it’s because I was too careless pulling the attachment away from the battery and slapping it back on, but that can happen.
- The flavor can’t compete with some units—but I also don’t know that it’s truly designed to.
The bottom line: The EVRI 3-in-1 vaporizer is cute, super convenient, and clever. You can use anything from a quartz crystal attachment to an e-juice pod with this thing, and it’s mindlessly easy. You will pull thick clouds with it and love the ability to change temperatures, not to mention change up what you’re consuming. Highly recommended.