Overview and Methodology
We judge vape subscription boxes by the following standards:
- Variety of Products
- Quality of Products
- Sign-Up Process
Read more about how each of these criterion impact the usefulness and value that you receive from your vape subscription box.
One of the main reasons why people choose to enroll in a subscription box plan is because buying e-juice individually can be quite expensive. When we evaluate companies based on pricing we are looking to make sure that they actually help you save money. What would be the point of buying juice in bulk if it’s going to cost the same regardless?
We rate vape subscription box pricing according to the following criteria:
- Cost Effectiveness – Is subscribing to this subscription box going to be cost effective? Is it cheaper than buying each of the juices individually? To rank highly in this subsection, we’re looking for pricing that offers substantial savings over the retail price. Ideally companies should be able to quantify this (e.g. 35% cheaper).
- Variety of pricing – To score highly in this subsection, we want companies to offer different pricing tiers. It’s common for subscription box companies to offer a few different tiers targeting different price points (e.g. a low-end, mid-range, and high-end plan). Some customers are more frugal while others are big spenders. We like subscription boxes that cater to them all.
Variety of Products
People who subscribe to vape subscription boxes are doing so because they want to try a wide variety of new products. It’s important that any company that is offering a subscription box has enough suppliers to make sure that their customers are getting as many new products as possible. These are the criteria we use to judge product variety:
- Minimal repeats – Ideally a customer shouldn’t get the same product twice. If we try out a subscription box for a few months and notice some duplicate items, we’ll lower this score.
- Different types of products – Some vape subscription boxes offer hardware and accessories in addition to just e-juice. Obviously these brands will be rated higher. But if a company chooses to only focus on e-juice, that’s not necessarily a problem. But it’s important that they offer a variety of different flavors, nicotine strengths, and PG/VG ratios.
Quality of Products
Obviously it’s extremely important that the products in each subscription box are high quality. If the package is full of fly-by-night brands and simple flavors, then it’s going to get a low rating. The factors we look at when evaluating quality include:
- Brand reputation of products – Are all of the products in each package from highly-rated, reputable brands? Or are they unknown brands with inferior quality? If the box is packed with legit brands and premium flavors, then we’ll score it highly.
- Quality of the presentation – Another important factor is how high-quality the unboxing experience is. The thrill of opening up your monthly package and finding out what you’re going to get is a big factor in whether or not people continue with their subscription, so it’s something we look at when judging how many stars to give for quality.
It’s really important that the sign-up process is as smooth and convenient as possible. We’re always looking for companies that make the onboarding process fun and uniquely tailored to the individual customer.
The factors we look at when evaluating a subscription box sign-up process include:
- Intuitiveness – The onboarding process has to be as easy as possible. It should guide the customer through the different stages of the process in an interactive and easy-to-use manner. The customer should know exactly what they’re signing up for and what they can expect to receive.
- Level to which it’s tailored to the customers unique tastes – The sign-up process should allow the customer to express their personal taste preferences so that the package can be tailored to their unique needs. Every customer likes different flavorings, nicotine strengths, and PG/VG levels. The customer should feel like they’re going to get a box that is custom-made just for them.
If you have any questions about our vape subscription box rating and review methodology, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch shortly!