What is nicotine salt?
Nicotine salt refers to the type of nicotine that is present in tobacco leaves. The normal liquid nicotine that is found in most e-juices is a pure variant, without any extra additives. Nicotine salt, by contrast, contains the nicotine plus other organic compounds that are present in the tobacco plant.
The pure nicotine that is used in most e-juices is also known as freebase nicotine. It is highly volatile which makes it excellent for vaping since it isn’t bonded to any other chemicals.
So why are companies beginning to use nicotine salt in their e-juices?
Even though freebase nicotine is generally considered easier to vape, some companies have found that by adding benzoic acid to their nicotine salts that they can get nicotine levels comparable to freebase nicotine with the added benefits of nicotine salts.
What are those benefits?
What are the benefits of nicotine salt?
Let’s get straight to the point: Using nicotine salts instead of normal e-juice will give you a much different experience. Whether the benefits are worth it or not is up to your own unique preferences. Here are some of the common reasons that people decide to start vaping nicotine salts:
- Nicotine salts last longer – Since nicotine salts are much more stable than freebase nicotine, you’ll get a much longer shelf life out of your e-liquid. If you like to make your e-juice last, then nicotine salts are a great choice.
- You’ll get nicotine into your blood quicker – Many vapers have reported that they feel the effects of nicotine much quicker when using nicotine salts.
- You can use a less-powerful vape – Since nicotine salts are more efficient at delivering nicotine to your system, you won’t need some monstrous quad-18650 box mod. A smaller, simpler pod-based device (like the Juul) will do the trick.
- The vapor is less harsh – Nicotine salts, in the formulation that some companies use, can help lower the pH balance of your e-juice. This will give you a smoother vapor than normal e-liquids.
Is nicotine salt safe?
The reality is that nicotine salt is going to have a very similar effect on your body as normal freebase nicotine. You might absorb it quicker but the end result is the same.
Whether you vape freebase nicotine or nicotine salts, you’re going to be inhaling a lot less harmful chemicals than you would with a traditional cigarette. While the jury is still out on the health effects of vaping, it’s important to note that you’ll be inhaling much less vapor when using nicotine salts (due to the fact that you can absorb more of the nicotine) so if you’re concerned about the potential negative health effects of vaping then nicotine salts can possibly help reduce your risk.
What is the best nicotine salt?
- Yami Salt by Yami Vapor
- BOHO Nic Salt by BOHO Vape
- Halo Ultra Salts by Tribeca
Our editorial team here at VaporVanity has hand-selected each product on this list according to a variety of different factors. We’ve ranked them according to potency, price, flavoring, ease of use, packaging, and a variety of other qualities. As long as you pick one of the nic salts that we’ve chosen on this list, you know that you’re getting a high-quality product that is well-worth the money.
Which nicotine salt did you choose?