Tobacco Awareness Scholarship Essay Contest
We at VaporVanity are excited to offer $6,000 in scholarships each year to three students who share our belief in the hazards of tobacco use and the benefits of tobacco harm reduction.
Eligibility for Essay Contest
- A full-time student in a U.S. institution for graduate or undergraduate program. (U.S. territories are excluded)
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolee
- At least 18 years old
- Owners, volunteers, their children, and grandchildren
- DACA students
- International students
- Temporary residents
The essay contest from VaporVanity is only available to undergraduate and graduate students who are 18 years of age or older. Candidates are required to be currently accepted or enrolled in a college or university within the United States.
Submission of an essay is limited to only one (1) per student.
The following questions must be answered and typed in essay form (1,000–1,500 words) and submitted by the candidates:
- Why do you see tobacco use as a problem for individuals and society at large?
- What is the best way for society to overcome the issue of tobacco use?
- What is your vision for what a tobacco-free world would look like in the future? What would the benefits be to society?
- What message do you have for current tobacco users?
The essay you submit must have your total word count and must be signed with your full name. You must also include your phone number, email address, and permanent address.
The winning candidates will be chosen based on their creativity, content, and style. The judges will be looking for essays which are logically written and most related to the topic.
The next application period begins: July 12th, 2018
The next application period ends: October 3rd, 2018
There are three different awards, with the amounts as follows:
1st Prize – $1,500
2nd Prize – $1,000
3rd Prize – $500
- The reward from the scholarship may only be used for college tuition or education-related expenses.
- There is no cost to submit a scholarship essay. This contest is completely free.
- Read the rules and regulations
- Download, print, and fill out the application form
- Email the completed application form as well as your essay to email@example.com
- Winners will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline by email as well as public announcement
(Visited 173 times, 1 visits today)